- Lloyd’s confirms Claire Schrader as General Counsel
- London Market-Insurance Newslink Global Trends-Editor's Quarterly Highlights
- Pricing adjustments are key to German P/C Insurers' earnings recovery-S&P Global
- Ardonagh Specialty moves all lines of business to Whitespace Platform
- KoiReader announces strategic collaboration with Loadsure
- Hong Kong PA&H insurance industry to reach $3.6bn by 2028-GlobalData
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Highlights expired
- FCA requests information from firms about delivery of their ongoing advice services and the Consumer Duty expired
- UK motorists are changing their driving habits-The Green Insurer expired
- ACORD announces new Global Advisory Council to drive Industry-Wide collaboration and digitisation expired
- AIG "In 2023, AIG delivered outstanding financial results"-Chairman and CEO Zaffino expired
- Swiss Re increase net income to $3.2 bn in 2023 expired
6th December 2023
Optio brings exclusive capacity to PVT market
Optio Group, the specialty MGA, has announced it has entered into an agreement with a new insurer partner to provide underwriting capacity for political violence and terrorism (PVT) risks.
The partner company–First Insurance Company(AmFirst)–is a large, US-based, A-rated carrier, well known for its property & casualty and medical areas of specialism. It will provide capacity to the PVT market for the first time exclusively via Optio, enabling Optio underwriters to accept PVT risks internationally, excluding the US.
The capacity will be used in conjunction with Optio’s recently developed digital rating tool, which enables real-time, data-driven underwriting of PVT risks, providing greatly enhanced efficiency and service for brokers and insureds.
Tom Kennett, UK head of political violence and terrorism, Optio said: “I am extremely pleased to announce that we have successfully secured capacity on an exclusive basis to underwrite PVT risks. We look forward to working with our new insurer partner AmFirst in bringing much-needed new capacity to the PVT market at a time of pronounced geopolitical uncertainty.”
Optio Trends(13 articles)